Be a Cat Butler!
Could this be you?
Hi, and welcome.
We are seeking to hire TWO Independent Contractors to be our next Cat Butlers.
A Cat Butler to work throughout the suburbs of Hawthorn, Hawthorn East, Camberwell, Canterbury, Balwyn and Kew.
And a Cat Butler to work throughout the suburbs of Armadale, Prahran, South Yarra and Toorak.
We are seeking to have both Cat Butlers make an immediate start on the 11th December.
You must be able to work throughout the Christmas/New Year period, including public holidays from the12th December to 31st January – (with the exception of Christmas Day if you so require).
This period will form part of a probation period, which will run until the end of March 2024.
Applicants that are best suited to become Cat Butlers will learn of our schedule of pay rates and additional terms and conditions as they proceed through the application process.
Applications close 13th November.
The Australian taxation office defines a contractor this way – working as a contractor.
And as an Independent Contractor some aspects of being an Employee also apply to you when you become a Cat Butler as mentioned below.
- receive payments
- for the amount of time (normally hours or shifts) you work
- for each item or for each activity you do
- as commission
- use tools, equipment or other assets that either
- your employer (work) gives you to do your work
- you provide to do your work, but the business you work for gives you an allowance or pays you back for the cost of the items
- don’t personally pay for mistakes, the business you work for is responsible if you make a mistake and they pay for the cost of fixing it
- follow any reasonable work requests your supervisor or the business you work for makes
- can’t pay someone else to do the work
- are seen to be part of the business and are not independent from it.
Who is best suited to be a Cat Butler?
You have a great respect and love of cats, you gain pride through providing excellent customer service, you’re friendly, kind, trustworthy, personable, fit and energetic and you have excellent organisational skills and you’re self-motivated.
Being an Independent Contractor is absolutely necessary due to the nature of our work, the unpredictability of bookings and the flexibility of time required.
Essentially this role allows professionals to combine their love of beautiful cats with earning a living on their terms.
The role offers variety, exercise, independence, autonomy and utilising your organisational skills and the ability to develop long and trusted relationships with clients and their beautiful cats.
Please check your suitability here for the role:
- Is service to others and customer service at the core of who you are?
- Do you absolutely respect, love and adore cats?
- Have you a cat or owned a cat before?
- Are you an independent contractor with your own ABN?
- Are you an Australian citizen? or do you have a relevant work visa?
- Do you own your own car and have a valid Victorian drivers licence? (Reliable, punctual walkers and bike riders also qualify)
- Will you be willing to work on all Public Holidays throughout the year, if required to do so?
- Are you seeking a lifestyle that offers more variety, flexibility and fresh air?
- Would you like to be part of something special; growing our Cat Butler company?
If you answered YES to all of the above, we would love to hear from you.
How to Apply
Please use the button below to fill out our application form.
Be sure to attach your resume to your email and please also include a contact phone number.
We will be in touch no later than 13th November to arrange and interview.
Thank you so much.
The Cat Butler Team.